Monday, June 2, 2008

Walking on Saturday, with Crazy Vic

Last weekend, with Stuart and Coal, we did a moderately steep walk up the slopes of Mt. Saint Helena (California), reaching the summit rocks in about 3 hours. (We had originally planned to walk to Middletown from Seigler Springs, but changed gears at the last minute.)

It was a beautiful sunny day, and other folks were out enjoying the hike. As we ascended, starting at about 6am, the fog banks below us were like expansive oceans of clouds, with hills and peaks poking through the billows in a surreal landscape.
I invoked the purposes and intentions of these Fear-No-More World WALKS throughout the hike.

I felt my heart open as I offered my prayers of blessing for all beings, again and again.

I prayed for my own sensitivity to non-humans to deepen. I prayed for my understanding of the inter-connectedness of all of life to grow. I prayed that my practice of ego-transcendence become stronger and stronger.

I prayed that all humans come to a deeper understanding of their relationship to all beings, particularly animals. I find it very sad that in this time and place, animals are often considered to be without consciousness, just 'instinctual' beings, and are regularly mistreated, maligned and slaughtered on such a massive scale.

I feel, as we all do, that it is time for a new respect and a deeper understanding to develop.

Stuart and I alternatively talked, joked, told leelas, and just walked in silence.

We hope more of you can join us in the future.

These walks are very healing for me and I'm sure you will enjoy them if you come along.

Victor