Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Boston Walk post

The Boston walk happened on Sunday May 4 between 10:30am and 1:00pm….overcast and “moody”. I could feel a palpable union with all other walkers, and the INTENTION of the walk…very enjoyable…I did not see one single negative thing for the 2 ½ hours, even though I was right in a big city. Every unit that came to my attention felt blessed via my regard. I started in Winter Hill, Somerville, famous in the past as a home of gangsters. Blessed them. Passed a Revolutionary War gunpowder magazine stone structure…blessed all political revolutionaries. Then 3 dogs, a few birds, saved an earthworm stranded on a wet sidewalk.

Then was wandering down streets in a general direction, but didn’t exactly know where I was….stumbled on a beautiful bike-path/greenway that ran right thru Somerville/Cambridge for miles!! Greenery bowing in from above, happy walkers, babies and dogs. Overcast, gray, and timeless. Fed birds.

Then came a miracle of synchronicity! I came out of the greenway to a giant MURAL….huge! in vibrant colors! and there are: a green chameleon, a rabbit, 2 parrots with green, red and yellow feathers!! just like on the FNMZoo brochure I had just seen that morning. Also there were fish, pastures and sky, snakes. After my happy shock, I saw it was on the brick side wall of a petstore….wow. Once on the subway, I read of rescuing elephants in Sri Lanka, and what a great job the Buddhists there are doing moving them to sancturies… with tranquilizers and trucks! Finally got home…joyful.

Can’t wait til the next one………may all beings be blessed by these walkabouts…….

love, loretta